Altona Foundation for Philosophical Research Scholarship in Legal Theory
Awarded by University of Glasgow
This scholarship is offered to support students undertaking full-time doctoral research in legal theory at the School of Law of the University of Glasgow. The scholarship is intended to further interdisciplinary work in legal theory which engages political and social dimensions of law. The ASGPG is an independent foundation which has its seat in Hamburg, Germany. The purpose of the Foundation is to stimulate and support research and theory including research in Applied Ethics and Law. It is expected that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in the activities of the ASFPG.
Home/EU and international applicants are eligible to apply. The scholarship is also open to current first year PhD students.
See: external link
University of Glasgow
WORLD CHANGERS WELCOME
University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and has been changing the world since 1451. UofG is a World Top 100 University and ranks consistently among the very best for its teaching and research – and for its contributions to academia, industry and society as a whole. We currently have over 2,500 research staff and over 7,000 postgraduate students across four colleges – each with its own Graduate School serving as a networking, support and social hub for all students. Glasgow places great emphasis on fostering teaching and research of the highest standard, and on promoting pathways for success beyond its postgraduate programmes via skills development and career support.
Wherever you are in education, and in life – and wherever you want to go – University of Glasgow shares and supports your ambitions. World changers are welcome here, in Scotland’s vibrant, multicultural and forward-thinking city.
The University is:
• ranked joint 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
• ranked joint 86th in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
• ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for student satisfaction and teaching (NSS 2021)
The city of Glasgow
• is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
• has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
• is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
• is home to over 90 parks and public gardens
• has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum
• has excellent transport links with two international airports
- [email protected]
- 0141 330 6828; (0) 141 330 2000
- 0141 330 2000
- University Avenue
6 University Gardens
For more information regarding this award, please contact the University of Glasgow by using the links below.