Ann Hart Buchanan Scholarship
Awarded by University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow has been the recipient of a bequest from the estate of Mrs Ann Hart Buchanan for the purpose of nurse education and training. It is proposed that a scholarship should be endowed to benefit a nursing student(s) on the BN (Hons) programme or student/nurse accepted for a postgraduate course of study in the Nursing & Health Care School at the University of Glasgow. This scholarship will be awarded annually for the purposes of: Travel in connection with study or research that will enhance the student’s learning and learning experience (undergraduate or postgraduate) Supporting tuition fees for a graduate with BN (Hons) [1st or 2:1] to undertake a postgraduate course of study in the Nursing & Health Care School at the University of Glasgow within 2 years of graduation Support undergraduate student(s) with a minimum of one-third of the funds in any three-year period ie allocating £600 to an undergraduate student(s) within each 3 year period.
It is proposed that a scholarship should be endowed to benefit a nursing student(s) on the BN (Hons) programme or student/nurse accepted for a postgraduate course of study in the Nursing & Health Care School at the University of Glasgow.
The scholarship will: Consist of one annual payment of £600, being the annual income from the endowment; if the interest from the endowment is less than £600, the award will reduce accordingly; Be held by any student(s) for a maximum period of one year; the annual sum may be split in any one given year and awards made to multiple students; Be payable in one instalment for one year of study. In the event of no suitable scholar being identified in any year, no award will be made and the income for that year added to the capital to provide income in a future year.
WORLD CHANGERS WELCOME
University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and has been changing the world since 1451. UofG is a World Top 100 University and ranks consistently among the very best for its teaching and research – and for its contributions to academia, industry and society as a whole. We currently have over 2,500 research staff and over 7,000 postgraduate students across four colleges – each with its own Graduate School serving as a networking, support and social hub for all students. Glasgow places great emphasis on fostering teaching and research of the highest standard, and on promoting pathways for success beyond its postgraduate programmes via skills development and career support.
Wherever you are in education, and in life – and wherever you want to go – University of Glasgow shares and supports your ambitions. World changers are welcome here, in Scotland’s vibrant, multicultural and forward-thinking city.
The University is:
• ranked joint 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
• ranked joint 86th in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
• ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for student satisfaction and teaching (NSS 2021)
The city of Glasgow
• is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
• has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
• is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
• is home to over 90 parks and public gardens
• has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum
• has excellent transport links with two international airports
For more information regarding this award, please contact the University of Glasgow by using the links below.