Carspring IMI Female Automotive Scholarship
Awarded by University of Glasgow
The Carspring IMI Female Automotive scholarship is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate female students who aspire to work in the automotive industry. This can be in any part of the automotive industry from Engineering to Marketing. There is no particular subject requirement. The scholarship has been designed by Carspring in conjunction with the Institute of the Motor Industry to address the gender imbalance within the industry. In addition to a financial reward, the winners will also be given a minimum of 2 weeks’ work experience in Carspring's London or Berlin office.
Open to female students or apprentices with a clear, unbridled passion for cars; A demonstrable interest in working in the automotive sector; 5A* - C grades at GCSE
The value of the scholarship is £1,000 for winning candidates. Winners will also be given a minimum of 2 weeks’ work experience in Carspring's London or Berlin office.
You should apply with a CV, including two references. You are also required to include a covering letter of no more than one page of A4. This must demonstrate evidence of your greatest achievements to-date, your interest in pursuing a career in the automotive industry and summarise any existing sponsorships you may already have. Submit a 500-1000 word briefing document, on the subject of ‘The Future of Automotive Retail’. Submitting Details: The candidates can submit their application to e-mail Link with the subject line 'Scholarship Application: Your Name'.
WORLD CHANGERS WELCOME
University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and has been changing the world since 1451. UofG is a World Top 100 University and ranks consistently among the very best for its teaching and research – and for its contributions to academia, industry and society as a whole. We currently have over 2,500 research staff and over 7,000 postgraduate students across four colleges – each with its own Graduate School serving as a networking, support and social hub for all students. Glasgow places great emphasis on fostering teaching and research of the highest standard, and on promoting pathways for success beyond its postgraduate programmes via skills development and career support.
Wherever you are in education, and in life – and wherever you want to go – University of Glasgow shares and supports your ambitions. World changers are welcome here, in Scotland’s vibrant, multicultural and forward-thinking city.
The University is:
• ranked joint 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
• ranked joint 86th in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
• ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for student satisfaction and teaching (NSS 2021)
The city of Glasgow
• is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
• has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
• is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
• is home to over 90 parks and public gardens
• has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum
• has excellent transport links with two international airports
For more information regarding this award, please contact the University of Glasgow by using the links below.