Awarded by University of Glasgow
Each year the Centre for American Studies offers several full or partial fees-only studentships to students wishing to take the MLitt or the PhD degree in American Studies. Each year the Centre for American Studies offers several full or partial fees-only studentships to students wishing to take the MLitt or the PhD degree in American Studies.
Applicants must have hold an offer– conditional or unconditional– for either the Taught MLitt or the PhD in American Studies at the University of Glasgow. Check the Andrew Hook Centre for American studies website for further information.
The studentships will cover the cost of the student’s fees up to a maximum of the annual tuition costs for UK and EU students
Candidates are encouraged to discuss their interests with Professor Newman, Dr. Chris Gair or Dr. Marina Moskowitz. Applications should consist of a letter of application and a writing sample and be emailed to: e-mail Link
The University of Glasgow is in the world's top 100 universities and the UK's top 10. We have been welcoming world changers since 1451 and have dedicated ourselves to inspiring great minds from the pioneer of television, John Logie Baird, to writer and produce of Doctor Who and Sherlock, Steven Moffat. Today we continue that tradition with more than 18,000 undergraduate students and 7,000 postgraduate students from across the globe each year.
Why choose the University of Glasgow?
• 91% student satisfaction (Student Barometer 2014)
• Top 100 in the world-Times Higher rankings 2014
• UK’s first UNESCO’s city of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• Voted top in student life Which? University 2014
• Consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside of London
• Member of the prestigious Russell Group of 26 leading UK research intensive universities in the UK
• Founder member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
• Located in Glasgow's unique west end – UK's 3rd largest city
Excellence in teaching
Our research-led approach is one of the reasons why a postgraduate degree from the University of Glasgow is so prized, but our students also benefit from opportunities to study abroad, improve their employability, take part in work placements and explore a wide range of social activities. As a result, we welcome students from more than 120 countries around the world every year. We make sure our graduates are equipped with the skills they need to compete in a global workplace, and with friendships and networks that last a lifetime.