Awarded by University of Glasgow
Each year the Centre for American Studies offers several full or partial fees-only studentships to students wishing to take the MLitt or the PhD degree in American Studies. Each year the Centre for American Studies offers several full or partial fees-only studentships to students wishing to take the MLitt or the PhD degree in American Studies.
Applicants must have hold an offer– conditional or unconditional– for either the Taught MLitt or the PhD in American Studies at the University of Glasgow. Check the Andrew Hook Centre for American studies website for further information.
The studentships will cover the cost of the student’s fees up to a maximum of the annual tuition costs for UK and EU students
Candidates are encouraged to discuss their interests with Professor Newman, Dr. Chris Gair or Dr. Marina Moskowitz. Applications should consist of a letter of application and a writing sample and be emailed to: e-mail Link
WORLD CHANGERS WELCOME
University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and has been changing the world since 1451. UofG is a World Top 100 University and ranks consistently among the very best for its teaching and research – and for its contributions to academia, industry and society as a whole. We currently have over 2,500 research staff and over 7,000 postgraduate students across four colleges – each with its own Graduate School serving as a networking, support and social hub for all students. Glasgow places great emphasis on fostering teaching and research of the highest standard, and on promoting pathways for success beyond its postgraduate programmes via skills development and career support.
Wherever you are in education, and in life – and wherever you want to go – University of Glasgow shares and supports your ambitions. World changers are welcome here, in Scotland’s vibrant, multicultural and forward-thinking city.
The University is:
• ranked joint 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
• ranked joint 86th in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
• ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for student satisfaction and teaching (NSS 2021)
The city of Glasgow
• is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
• has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
• is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
• is home to over 90 parks and public gardens
• has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum
• has excellent transport links with two international airports