Awarded by University of Glasgow
Idealo is awarding 10 scholarships with a total value of almost £80,000. Each of the 10 recipients will receive financial support of £650 a month for a whole year to put towards their studies.
Students of all disciplines, who are enrolled at a recognised university, are encouraged to apply for the idealo scholarship. The main criterion that idealo will be looking for, is having a special skill that is being put to good use for a particular purpose. Eligible Countries
The scholarship will provide you with £650 per month and will be paid directly to the recipient by idealo internet GmbH. The funding is for 12 months/2 semesters. After this, idealo will verify if the recipient fulfilled the criteria.
Complete the application form with your basic information. Submit a short video or short essay: to introduce yourself and tell us about your extraordinary talent. You can upload your video to all the usual portals (YouTube, Vimeo etc.), then include the link in your application form (max. 1 minute long). There’s a space on the application form for you to include your essay (max. 1,000 characters including spaces). Attach an up-to-date version of your CV. Applications will only be accepted in the form of a fully-completed online application. Applications via e-mail will not be considered.
The University of Glasgow is in the world's top 100 universities and the UK's top 10. We have been welcoming world changers since 1451 and have dedicated ourselves to inspiring great minds from the pioneer of television, John Logie Baird, to writer and produce of Doctor Who and Sherlock, Steven Moffat. Today we continue that tradition with more than 18,000 undergraduate students and 7,000 postgraduate students from across the globe each year.
Why choose the University of Glasgow?
• 91% student satisfaction (Student Barometer 2014)
• Top 100 in the world-Times Higher rankings 2014
• UK’s first UNESCO’s city of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• Voted top in student life Which? University 2014
• Consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside of London
• Member of the prestigious Russell Group of 26 leading UK research intensive universities in the UK
• Founder member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
• Located in Glasgow's unique west end – UK's 3rd largest city
Excellence in teaching
Our research-led approach is one of the reasons why a postgraduate degree from the University of Glasgow is so prized, but our students also benefit from opportunities to study abroad, improve their employability, take part in work placements and explore a wide range of social activities. As a result, we welcome students from more than 120 countries around the world every year. We make sure our graduates are equipped with the skills they need to compete in a global workplace, and with friendships and networks that last a lifetime.