Outgoing Summer School Scholarship
Awarded by University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is delighted to offer a range of scholarships for those who are undertaking a summer school programme. Please see GoAbroad for more details.
Scholarships, free places at Radboud University and on the bespoke programmes are open to all University of Glasgow Undergraduate students, except those in their final year. Only one free place awarded per student per term; priority will be given to students applying for the first time. Only one scholarship awarded per student per term (including summer school funding from Colleges). Students who have a place on the main Go Abroad exchange programme may apply, but priority will be given to students who have not secured an exchange place or who are applying to go abroad for the first time.
Ranging from £500 to £800
Identify a summer school course at one of our partner institutions or select one of the bespoke opportunities at Radboud University, J.Gutenberg University Mainz or Brandenberg academy. You can select up to 2 options on the application form. Ensure you understand the partner’s application process and the terms and conditions (deadlines, costs, dates, etc) – You may need to apply for your place before the outcome of the scholarship is announced. Apply online for a scholarship or a free place at : external linkClosing date 26 March 2018 We will let you know the outcome of your application at the beginning of April.
WORLD CHANGERS WELCOME
University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and has been changing the world since 1451. UofG is a World Top 100 University and ranks consistently among the very best for its teaching and research – and for its contributions to academia, industry and society as a whole. We currently have over 2,500 research staff and over 7,000 postgraduate students across four colleges – each with its own Graduate School serving as a networking, support and social hub for all students. Glasgow places great emphasis on fostering teaching and research of the highest standard, and on promoting pathways for success beyond its postgraduate programmes via skills development and career support.
Wherever you are in education, and in life – and wherever you want to go – University of Glasgow shares and supports your ambitions. World changers are welcome here, in Scotland’s vibrant, multicultural and forward-thinking city.
The University is:
• ranked joint 73rd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022
• ranked joint 86th in the world: Times Higher World University Rankings 2022
• ranked 2nd in the Russell Group for student satisfaction and teaching (NSS 2021)
The city of Glasgow
• is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
• has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
• is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week
• is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
• is home to over 90 parks and public gardens
• has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum
• has excellent transport links with two international airports