Don Pike Award
Awarded by University of Essex
Support students over the age of 21 working in one field of philosophy of social sciences at postgraduate or undergraduate level.
Please check website.
Applicants must be students working on philosophy of social science.
£250 towards purchase of books and expenses in preparing a thesis or dissertation
Applicants must contact the department concerned.
We are Essex. We're on the side of independent thinkers, the bold, the inquisitive, and those impatient for change.
Be taught and supported by world-leading academics, have the freedom to ask difficult questions and a genuine license to take intellectual risks as a research student at the University of Essex.
Now is your chance to work at the heart of our internationally-recognised and brilliantly connected research community (http://www.essex.ac.uk/study/pg/research-community.aspx), ranked in the top 20 in the UK (http://www.essex.ac.uk/research/ref/default.aspx) for research excellence (REF 2014). The brightest and the best travel from all over the globe to further their studies at Essex, immersing themselves in pioneering thinking, and breaking intellectual boundaries. If you're keen to make an impact and change the world around you, welcome home.
What makes us special?
• Receive world-class support, training and supervision.
• Be part of leading-edge thinking, drawing on your own knowledge.
• Investigate your subject in depth to reach a profound understanding.
• Engage with our wider research environment and have your work read.
• Enhance your career prospects with our unique scheme, Proficio (https://www.essex.ac.uk/study/pg/proficio.aspx).
Find out more about research degrees at Essex here (http://www.essex.ac.uk/study/pg/research-community.aspx).